For new memberships payment can be made by post or face to face as per below. At present there are no organised events, these will be advised when confirmed.
- By post: download this FORM, complete it and either email and pay online or mail in your money order (details are in the form). Once you receive your membership card in the mail, contact one of the registration officers on the SMASA facebook page and organise a time to obtain your log book
- Face to face: contact one of the registration officers on the SMASA facebook page and organise a time to obtain your log book. If completing and paying on the day please down the FORM, complete it and take it with you
We offer multiple year membership that is best aligned with the log book. A new logbook lasts 3 years, if you pay 3 years we sign the logbook for 3 years. If you pay for 1 year you will need to attend a club registration event during April-June 2021 for membership renewal for 2021-2022 financial year. If the car is in joint names the second owner must be an associate member which is an extra $20 per year. Membership is now a flat rate per year regardless of how many cars you want to enrol for Club Registration.
Check out our new SMASA Member Jungle membership system!
SMASA is in the process of implementing a new membership system that will be both online and via Android and Apple mobile phone applications. This will provide members the ability to renew memberships, receive news, events and blog articles, view their membership details and much more. It will also enable new members to join online. The system will go live shortly for existing members then in May to accept new memberships. If you are an existing member you will receive an email with all the details in the near future.
For example, Joe wants to join for 3 years.
- He completes the upper section of the membership form including all his details. He then completes the lower section and writes $180 in the TOTALS column for INDIVIDUAL MEMBERSHIP for 3 years. Next he adds in any other requirements under the TOTALS column e.g. hard copy of SMASA newsletter. Joe then adds up all the entries in the TOTALS column and writes that number next to the TOTAL at the bottom of the TOTALS column which will be $180
- NOTE: if Joe’s car(s) are in joint names the second owner needs to be an associate member and he would write the joint owner’s name in the top section. Joe would write $240 in the TOTALS column for the ASSOCIATE MEMBERSHIP row for 3 years and add that to the overall total. Joe needs to pick either INDIVIDUAL MEMBERSHIP or JOINT MEMBERSHIP
- Finally, Joe checks his form to ensure all required sections are completed and he has written the correct amount under the TOTAL section and signs and dates the form. He makes his payment using the bank details on the membership form and emails the form as per the instructions OR posts the form including money order OR gives the form and payment to a registration officer face to face. Joe needs to ensure he has attached or provided a HEADSHOT photo for his membership card
- Once his membership card arrives he can contact a registration officer via SMASA facebook page and organise a time to have his MR334 form and log book(s) completed. He needs to ensure he takes the registration papers which contain the engine and chassis number (where applicable) as well as 4 photos per car (front 3/4 photo showing current number plate, front of vehicle and one side; rear 3/4 photo showing the rear of the vehicle and opposite side to the front shot; clear and well lit engine bay photo; clear and well lit interior shot of a least the front area (seats and dash))
Once Joe has completed all the above he needs to attend a Services SA location with his MR334 form and car registration forms to register his cars under the Club Registration scheme. The cost of registering each car is in addition to the Club Membership fees and paid direct to Service SA. Once he has completed all these steps he can legally drive his cars ensuring he completes TRIP entries in his log book for each journey. Joe now has membership until June 2023.