How To: Club Registration
SOUTH AUSTRALIAN CLUB REGISTRATION SCHEME
Ignorance of the rules is not a defence against prosecution, if you break the rules – YOU ARE BREAKING THE LAW.
There are FOUR items required for your vehicle to be registered:
- Current Club Membership
- Current Log Book (Membership Year page is up to date)
- Log Book entry for the day – Day/Month/Year, journey description and signature in pen
- SA Government Registration fees paid and current
If any of the items are missing or not current, you are in breach of the Club Registration Scheme and face potential penalties commencing with a $750 fine.
More information is available in the Code of Practice
How to obtain SMASA Club Registration
- Your vehicle must be 25 years or older in the current calendar year
- Your vehicle must be in good, safe and roadworthy condition
- You are either a current financial SMASA Member or join as a new member here (recommended to join online before attending an event or the office)
- Attend a Club Registration event (club registration events are held at different times of the year; details located on our 'Events' page: here) or attend our office (opening hours and location are: here) and bring the following:
- Registration Details Certificate for vehicle ID details (VIN, engine number etc.)
- at least 4 pictures (soft or hard copy) of the vehicle:
- Front 3/4 photo showing current number plate, front of the vehicle and one side
- Rear 3/4 photo showing the rear of the vehicle and opposite side to front shot
- Clear and well-lit engine bay shot
- Clear and well-lit interior shot of at least the front area (seats and dash)
- No physical inspection of the vehicle is required
SMASA DOES NOT keep copies of the pictures; pictures on phones and tablets are fine but must be of good quality.